In a world where product size labels are unreliable, Volumental is the footwear industry's leading FitTech™ company, using 3D scans and a one-of-a-kind, AI-powered recommendation engine to match everyone with the shoes that fit them best.
With top brand and retail partners across the world including New Balance, Bauer, The Athlete's Foot, Ecco and XXL, our footprint spans 2500+ stores across 46 countries, and counting.
Volumental’s data and machine learning platforms power all our products, communicate with 3000+ devices spread across six continents, and serve 18 million users - quickly growing. This brings in a large variation of data modalities including, 10s of millions of 3D scans, purchases, inventory, product catalog data, user interactions, and many more. To make this data useful and easy to work with, it is organized, indexed, and served in the different formats that satisfy the needs of our different products that build on top of it.
We are now looking for a data engineer to help us expand our analytics products - ensuring they have access to all the multi-modal data they require to provide an engaging, reliable, and fast experience.
What will you work on:
As a data engineer at Volumental, you will be designing, building, and maintaining scalable data pipelines and services on the Google Cloud Platform, working closely with a talented group of engineers and data scientists in our insights team. You will continuously improve data quality and performance of the data pipelines and collaborate with cross-functional teams, identifying opportunities for new features and improvements. For example, this may mean discovering a new product feature, realizing that it is not feasible given current data services, and then redesign or optimize how the relevant data is served to enable the new feature, working with the team to deliver it end-to-end.
We are excited about you because You:
- Are a collaborative and kind team member.
- Prefer simplicity over complexity and aim to discover clean solutions to complex problems.
- Care about software design and can argue for and against different software design principles.
- Share what you know with others and are humble to learn new things.
- Care about the impact of your work end to end, feeling ownership rather than just solving tasks.
We expect you to:
- Have at least three years of relevant experience as a software engineer or data engineer.
- Have professional experience working in python and SQL. Experience in other languages is also valuable (E.g., Golang is common in our backend).
- Have professional experience in different sql/nosql databases and can reason about when different kinds of databases are suitable.
Bonus - Don’t let the below stop you from applying, but if they fit you, please let us know!
- You have experience in GCP.
- Are interested in authentication and data security.
- Have experience in providing data services for interactive dashboards.
- Have worked with deployments or data volumes large enough that they could not be hosted on a single node.
- Have used k8s, Terraform, or other comparable tools.
You'll be an essential part of the greater whole — able to drive initiatives and steer development while at the same time collaborating with other subject matter experts on our team. We encourage a diversity of candidates to apply!
- Product & Technology
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Perks & Benefits
Monthly budget for team activities 🎭
Awesome activities together 😎
Modern and international work environment 🌍
Flexible Public Holidays Policy 📆
Work Away From Office Policy 🏡
Flexible work hours 🕒
Occupational pension at ITP level 💎
Options Program 📈
Wellness allowance 🚴♂️
Sponsorship of Residence and Work Permit in Sweden 🌟
This Is Where The Future Is Being Made
We think there are a whole bunch of reasons why you'll want to work at Volumental. A popular one? Our office dogs team is growing and it is always up for cuddles. Another one is all the smart people – your future coworkers – who keep the lunch discussions and our #random Slack channel intriguing. A lot of people think it’s cool to join a scale up, but it’s also really hard. If you want to be part of building something from scratch (whether that’s customer service, user interfaces, or designing our most breathtaking product features), this is the place to make that lasting impression.
Volumental is a tech company helping millions of shoppers around the world find perfect fitting footwear. In less than five seconds, our 3D scanner and AI-powered recommendations guide shoe shoppers to find the right pair - every time. With customers across the world including New Balance, Bauer, Ecco, and XXL, we are on a mission to help 500 million shoe shoppers find perfect fitting footwear by 2025 both in-store and online.
Loading application form
Already working at Volumental?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.